I learned a new word today:
- walking or traveling about; itinerant.
- ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens.
- ( initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Aristotelian school of philosophy.
- a person who walks or travels about.
- ( initial capital letter ) a member of the Aristotelian school.
I’m helping to devise a Remote Worker Policy (or Telecommuting Policy) for a company and doing some research into what other firms have done, best practices, pitfalls, etc. I ran across this word in one of the documents.
I like it. One could say I am a peripatetic preacher as I tend to walk about while I preach.