“Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 5:19b-20 ESV)
This is by no means an exhaustive list, nor in any particular order. These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for at this moment.
- A wife who works so hard to take care of me and the children.
- The way my children hug me when I leave for work and cry out excitedly when I come home.
- Friends who will cover needed pastoral duties while I am on vacation.
- Parents who raised me in the Christian faith.
- A God who has called me to be His, has justified me, and refuses to give up on the process of sanctifying me.
- A House big enough for my large family.
- Grandparents who have supported me over the years spiritually and financially.
- A company which is willing to allow me to work remotely so I can pastor this church.
- A church willing to call a young(ish) visionary.
- My youth pastor who invested in me.
- A mentor pastor (and friend) who showed me how to shepherd God’s people.